Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering was established in the year 2011 for imparting state-of-the-art knowledge in Electronics & Communication Engineering and allied areas. The vision of the department is to provide education to the students that are directly applicable to problems and situations encountered by them in professional life and thus help in fostering a successful career. The department aims to provide the best platform to students and staff for their comprehensive growth and overall development. The department is actively involved in R & D as well as consultancy projects and has collaborations with several industries, academic institutes, and R&D organizations in the country. The laboratories are adequately equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. The department is undergoing vigorous growth in emerging areas of Communication Systems, Wireless Communication & Networks, VLSI Design, Embedded Systems, Microwave Design & Testing, Wireless Sensor Networks, Internet of Things (IoT), and Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks (VANET).
The courses of each program are designed in consultation and collaboration of experts from industries and academia.
- B.Tech. ECE
- B.Tech. ECE Specializations in IoT & Sensors
- M. Tech. VLSI Design
- M. Tech. Communication Systems
Course Curriculum and Scheme
Uniqueness of Department:
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty and staff.
- Faculty with specializations in Communication Systems, Wireless Communication & Networks, VLSI Design, Embedded Systems, Microwave Engineering, Electronic Devices, Analog & Digital Communication, Measurement and Control, Wireless Sensor Network, Cognitive Radio Networks, Internet of Things (IoT), Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks and Optical Communication etc.
- The curriculum is designed in collaboration with industries that offers optimum placement.
- Activity Based Continuous Assessment (ABCA) model is adopted through which students are involved in various technical activities such as Project Based Learning (PBL), poster presentations, seminar, case study, open book test, quiz, research paper and article writing.
- The department is also providing innumerable opportunities to students to equip themselves with practical skills by working on real time based mini projects, develop communication skills, explore internship opportunities in the industry and participate in various National and International design contests.
- The Department also offers program elective courses that are designed to bridge the gap between industry requirements and academia. Students are required to select elective courses according to their choice and inclination. It helps students to gain deeper knowledge and skills in the selected areas.
- For hands on experience and innovation, extra curriculum activities such as Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, & Expert Lectures are conducted frequently.
- Emphasis on Research and Innovation. Involvement of students in R & D centers of the department.
- Publications in International, National Journals and Conferences of repute.
- Well-equipped Laboratories.
- The Department also offers a specialization course on IoT & Sensors which fulfills the need for information & communication technologies in the fields like smart industries, smart healthcare, digital transformation, smart city etc.
- Industry Practice –A mandatory component that enables students to work in the industry on real projects under direct guidance of industry professionals. This Industry-linked academic program enables students to graduate with the skills, knowledge and hands-on experience sought by employers worldwide. It not only helps in identifying the right career opportunities but also equips them with the ability to give the right direction to their careers.
Pedagogy and Learning Ambience:
The department’s pedagogy aims at preparing students to face real-world challenges using Project-Based Learning (PBL), interactive and participative processes and constant mentoring. Lots of opportunities are provided to students to supplement the conventional technical education using the following practices:
- Industry Visits, Workshops and Trainings
- Projects and Quiz Competitions
- Students Seminars and Debates
- Interviews and Group Discussions
- Innovation and Creativity Clubs
- Personality Development Programs
Students and faculty are also benefited from the following sources:
- NPTEL Courses
- SWAYAM Courses
- EDX certification courses
- Coursera Certification Courses
- IIT Spoken Tutorial
- Well furnished & spacious classrooms with multimedia LCD projectors, and smart classrooms.
- Well equipped library with 2564 titles and 22000 volumes.
The department has well equipped laboratories to efficiently run all the courses. The department has the following Laboratories:
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Electronics Workshop
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Networks Analysis & Synthesis Lab
- Instrumentation & Measurement Lab
- Analog & Digital Communication Lab
- Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab
- Control Systems Lab
- PCB Design & Project Lab
- Microwave Engineering & Antenna Lab
- Optical Communication Lab
- Advanced Communication & Networks Lab
- VLSI Design Lab
- IoT & Sensors Lab
- Specialized software lab includes the licensed software such as MATLAB, NetSim V9.0 and Open Source Software such as Multisim, Arduino IDE, Proteus Software, Fritzing Software for IoT Circuit Design and Simulation, CISCO Packet Tracer, Keil MicroVision.
- Digital Communication
- Wireless Communication & Networks
- Vehicular Technology & Communication
- VLSI Design
- Microwave Engineering
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks
- Cognitive Radio Networks
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Embedded Systems
- Optical Communication
- Microelectronics and Nanotechnology
The MOU creates an accord between the industry and the university which is beneficial for students to enhance their technical skills and groom them as per the requirement of the industry. The department has signed the following MOUs:
- Rockwell Automation: One of the largest companies in the field of automation in the country has signed an MOU to provide on campus training and placement assistance.
- Hewlett Packard: World’s third largest IT giant has signed an MOU to train students as per the requirement of IT Industry.
- CISCO: CISCO has signed MOU to train students as per the requirement of Networking Industries.
- Excel Technologies: A premier industry for manufacturing laboratory equipment has signed an MOU for the internship of students and their summer training.
- Scientech Technologies: A premier industry for manufacturing laboratory equipment has signed an MOU for the internship of students and their summer training.
- DreamUny, LeadLab, Sofcon, Aptron, FACE, CETPA, MISPL, TPC Global, ALLSOFT, Sinroscompanies have also signed MOUs.
Certificate Courses run by the department:
- MATLAB Programming
- Network & Traffic Simulator
- Programming of Arduino, Raspberry pi Devices
- Antenna Design
- Embedded Systems
- VHDL and Verilog Programming
Career Options & Placement opportunities:
Electronics & Communication Engineering offers scope in the field of Mobile & Cellular Communication, Wireless Communication & Networks, VLSI Technology & Design, Digital Signal Processing, Television Broadcasting, Embedded Systems, Microwave Engineering, Optical Fiber Communication, Nanotechnology, Satellite Communication, Space Research, Sensor Technology and IoT. Besides these, students also get a chance to be placed in software companies because of the versatility of Electronics & Communication Engineering students.
Samsung, LG, Videocon, DRDO, ISRO, ST Microelectronics, Bharat Electronics Limited, BSNL, Idea, Airtel, Vodafone, Nokia, Honeywell, Havells, Spectross, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Cognizant, Cisco, Azure, Accenture, Smartech Electronics, and in abroad also.