Integrated Program in Management (IPM)
Integrated Program in Management (IPM) course has been introduced by the ITM University based on Credit Based Grading system of assessment. It is a five year (Dual DegreeProgram) integrated course in Management. The course curriculum has been designed by a panel of experts and focuses more on the applied aspects of management so that students can develop the necessary and professional skills before joining any organisation. It will also help them to take better decisions as managers in the changing global business environment. It is a unique and creative program meant for young students with managerial and leadership aspirations. Through the IPM, ITM University, Gwalior seeks to attract young students, and mould them as outstanding leaders through a world-class education.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
IPM is a five year dual degree Programme designed to provide a holistic and management oriented education to the students. The objectives of the course are to develop competent managers capable of working in any sector of organised activity.
The programme precisely attempts to:-
Help students acquire holistic management oriented education. Prepare them futuristically for management of self so that they can manage in any given environment.
- Help them make sound decisions as this program will expose them to different and diverse walks of society.
- Equip them with required conceptual, interpersonal skills and decision making abilities.
- Develop motivational and leadership capabilities to achieve excellence in their social life and workplace performance.
- Help them maintain work life balance.
- Nurture the desire to be honest, ethical and pursue the goal of excellence while contributing to the welfare of society at large.
Minimum Eligibility: – Candidates who have passed
a. Final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New -Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi, etc.
b. Final Examination of the two year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy –
c. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) Level
d. Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to 10+2.
e. H.S.C. Vocational Examination OR f. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National ‘Open schooling with a minimum of five subjects
g. 3 or 4 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education. AND h. Candidates should have secured atleast 60% marks in aggregate in their qualifying examination. They should have Passed in all subjects
Admission Procedure – On merit, on the basis of the qualifying examination/entrance examination following norms of the concerned regulatory body and approved by Admission Board of ITM University.
Course Duration: Full Time, 5 years
Learning Goals: Given the nature of the programme learning goals of IPM are split into those for the first 3 years and the last two years.
Learning goals for the first three years of the programme: The IPM will enable students to:
1. Demonstrate language skills
2. Demonstrate oral communication skills
3. Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
4. Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
5. Enhance physical well-being
Learning goals of the last two years: Last two years of the Programme are at Post-graduate level and the IPM students are mixed with the Regular MBA Programme students and they go through the same set of courses as the MBA Programme. Hence the learning goals for these two years are the same as that of the MBA Programme. These goals are:
1. Enable students to understand relevance of context in business
2. Develop social consciousness
3. Develop critical thinking skills
4. Inculcate integrative thinking ability 5. Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
6. Enable students to learn how to apply the basic principles of communication in order to write effective business messages, case analysis and reports. 7. Develop competence in quantitative analysis 8. Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics
IPM is in two parts. The first three years build a foundation, and the last two years focus on management.
The foundation has three major elements:
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics build analytical rigour.
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Courses in Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
A combination of analytical rigour and wide exposure equips IPM students for leadership roles and positions of responsibility in different sectors.
After 3 years of intensive study of foundational disciplines, the IPM students train as managers along with the students of the Institute’s 2-year MBA Programme, undertaking the same course package in management studies in years 4 and 5.
IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 3, and a business internship between years 4 and 5. This experiential learning inculcates leadership qualities in them and hones their managerial skills further.