School of Computer Applications
- SCHOOL OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
- PEDAGOGY AND LEARNING AMBIENCE
- LIST OF LABORATORIES
- MOUS AND COLLABORATIONS
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- ACADEMIC FACILITIES AND USPS
- CERTIFICATE COURSES RUN BY THE SCHOOL
- SCOPE AND PLACEMENT
School of Computer Applications was established in ITM University, in the year 2011, with the objective of imparting quality education in the field of Computer Applications. School has world class infrastructure facilities and strong team of faculty members with high dedication towards their commitment to offer quality education and produce quality professionals.
The School is successfully meeting the objective of producing skilled manpower of the highest quality who is able to cope up with challenges of ever evolving industrial needs of the country. The basic intent of the school is to impart quality education at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral research levels. The school has well equipped labs, multimedia classrooms and large warehouse of books, articles, magazines in library to have maximum knowledge opportunity. School believes in innovative teaching learning process supported by advanced curriculum developed by experts from NIT’s, IIIT’s, IIT’s, and leading Universities of the country in consultation with professionals from industry and research organizations.
- BCA (H) Specialization in
- Data Science with Machine Learning
- Cyber Security
- MCA Specialization in
- Data Science with Machine Learning
- Cyber Security
- Well qualified faculty members aim at delivering top class education blending their rich research experience with classroom/online teaching.
- Admission through common entrance test at different levels.
- MOU’s with Industries / Institutes of National / International repute for Training and Placement.
- 360° development of personality through various curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Curriculum co-evolved with experts from industry and academia from all over India.
- Specialized computer labs with latest H/W and S/W.
- Digital Library with access to National /International journals and video lectures of eminent professors.
- The medium of instruction is English only.
- Credit based continuous evaluation system to allow the students to assess their progress more frequently.
- To boost the overall performance of students, ITM University has implemented Activity Based Continuous Assessment model (ABCA). In this model students are involved in various technical activities such as Project development, poster presentations, seminar, case study, open book test, quiz and research article writing.
- To help students in planning their courses of study and for getting general advice on academic programme, a certain number of students are assigned to faculty members who are called their Faculty Advisor/Mentor.
- Provision to learn extra courses (non CGPA Category) to be mentioned on the grade card.
- Provision of registration in contact courses for grade improvement.
- Grade system used for results to minimize the stress level of the students.
- Elective courses that bridges the gap between industry requirements and academia.
- The course structure is up-to-date and includes courses on promising topics to equip our students with the latest developments in Computer Science and applications.
- Projects based on elective courses so as to develop expertise in one specific area.
- Communication skills orientation and personality development programmes incorporated in the scheme of examination to make that course compulsory.
- Hands on experience in most of the courses of computer applications so as to impart practical knowledge in the relevant field.
- Research based dissertation in final semester to expose the students to recent developments in their field of interest under the guidance of competent faculty members.
Pedagogy and Learning Ambience:
The school pedagogy aims at preparing students to face real-world challenges using Project-Based Learning (PBL), interactive and participative processes and constant mentoring. Lots of opportunities are provided to students to supplement the conventional technical education using the following practices:
- Industry Visits, Workshops and Trainings
- Projects and Quiz Competitions
- Students Seminars and Debates
- Interviews and Group Discussions
- Innovation and Creativity Clubs
- Personality Development Programs
Students and faculty are also benefited from the following
- NPTEL Courses
- SWAYAM Courses
- InfyTQ Program of Infosys
- Coursera Certification Courses
- IIT Spoken Tutorial and FOSS lab by IIT Mumbai
- The teaching aids include Multimedia LCD projectors, and smart class rooms.
- Well-equipped specialized labs with licensed software like Microsoft Campus Agreement which includes Windows XP, MS Office, MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, MSDN.
- The school is having other software’s like Oracle, Linux 7.2, Ubuntu 16.04, Windows NT, Server, Win proxy, Turbo C++, Java
- Specialized labs of Anaconda programming environment for Data Science and machine Learning, MATLAB, NS@, WEKA, Cloudsim 3.0.1, Cisco Packet
- 40 Mbps high speed leased line internet connectivity throughout the labs
- Having enough power backup facility upto 100 KVA
LIST OF LABORATORIES
- C/C++ Programming Lab
- Java Programming Lab
- DBMS Lab
- Computer Network Lab
- Professional Communication Lab
- .Net Lab
- Major Project Lab
- UNIX/LINUX Lab
- Computer Graphics Lab
- Data Structure lab
- Data science Lab
- Cyber forensic Lab
MOUS AND COLLABORATIONS
The MOU creates an accord between the industry and ITM University Gwalior which is beneficial for students to enhance their technical skills and groom them as per the industry requirement.
- Sinros Pvt. Ltd.
- FPTU, Vietnam for student and faculty exchange program
- Beyond Boundariez
- One Planet Research (OPR)
- Shreyanshi Consultancy
- Allsoft Solutions
- TPC Global
- DreamUny Education Pvt. Ltd.
- DOC Systems
- Safe Educate learning Pvt. Ltd.
- SAP India ltd.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT:
Students and faculty members of the school are doing research in the following domains:
- Cyber Forensics and Security
- AI and Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Big Data Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Vision
- Image and Video Processing
- Network Security
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
ACADEMIC FACILITIES AND USPS
ITM University offers the education needed for leadership in a rapidly changing world. School of computer applications at ITM university offer a breadth of highly regarded degree programs that allow students the freedom to explore their intellectual and personal passions.
- Moodle/ LMS- Learning Management System
ITM University uses Moodle/LMS- Learning Management System Software which is based on Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment platform. It is a web-based application that seamlessly integrates online course material with online communication tools.
The benefit of using Moodle software is that it provides educators with excellent tools to manage and promote learning in a hassle free and efficient way. Moodle has inbuilt features that allow it to cater to the requirements of large number of students simultaneously. Moodle makes it easy for instructors to set up course website and post material to it.
- Computer Centre
ITM University recognizes the key role that IT plays in teaching as well as research. Therefore, a high-speed optical fiber network of 20 Mbps with wireless redundancy allows all students to access a range of services across our entire campus.
A dedicated computer centre in the department with 80-100 high end computers provides easily accessible and excellent computational facilities to the faculty and students catering to their academic, research and recreational requirements.
- MIS: Management information system
Management information system, or MIS, broadly refers to a computer-based system that provides managers with the tools to organize evaluate and efficiently manage departments within an organization.
SOCA offering web based MIS software to provide accurate, timely and relevant information to the student and faculty members and to have the information in standardized report form.
CERTIFICATE COURSES RUN BY THE SCHOOL
- Cyber Forensics and Security
- Programming in C
- Web programming using PHP and SQL
- OOP Programming using Python
- Data Science and Machine Learning
- Summer Internship Programme
SCOPE AND PLACEMENT
- The courses offered in the School are aimed at preparing students for a career in any of the main areas of Computer software where they can put to practice the knowledge acquired during the study.
- IT sector is quite broad in terms of employment and job options. Roles are varieties for Computer engineers in IT sector, but their primary role is to apply the knowledge of mathematics and science to design and develop software to be used by clients or users.
- McKinsey Global Institute predicts that by 2022 there will be about 1.5 million more jobs than skilled data scientists available to fill those jobs. This bodes well for anyone thinking of moving into data science, or augmenting their current skill set with data science.
- Our students have been placed in companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, IBM, Mahindra Mphasis (EDS), Hexaware, ExtraMarks, Byju’s, Cognizant, IGate, Accenture, Directi, Libsys, Amdale, HCL, Unilogic, Applabs, Zensar, Syntel etc.