BCA College in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
School of Computer Applications was established in ITM University, in the year 2011, with the objective of imparting quality education in the field of Computer Science. Department having world class infrastructure facilities and strong team of faculty members with high dedication towards their commitment to offer quality education and produce quality professionals.
The School is successfully meeting the objective of producing skilled manpower of the highest quality who is able to cope up with challenges of ever evolving industrial needs of the country. The basic intent of the school is to impart quality education at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral research levels. The institute has well equipped labs, multimedia classrooms and large warehouse of books, articles, magazines in library to have maximum knowledge opportunity. School believes in innovative teaching learning process supported by advanced curriculum developed by experts from IIT’s, and leading Universities of the country in consultation with professionals from industry and research organizations.
- Highly qualified experienced Faculty.
- Admission through common entrance test at different levels.
- MOU’s with Industries / Institutes of National / International repute for Training and Placement.
- 360° development of personality through various curricular, co-curricular and extra curricular activities.
- Curriculum co-evolved with experts from industry and academia from all over India.
- Specialized computer labs with latest H/W and S/W.
- Digital Library with access to National /International journals and video lectures of eminent professors.
- T he medium of instruction is English only.
- Credit based continuous evaluation system to allow the students to assess their progress more frequently.
- To help students in planning their courses of study and for getting general advice on academic programme, a certain number of students are assigned to a Faculty member who are called their Faculty Advisor/Mentor.
- Provision to learn extra courses (non CGPA Category) to be mentioned on the grade card.
- Provision of registration in contact courses for grade improvement.
- Grade system used for results to minimize the stress level of the students.
- Elective courses that bridges the gap between industry requirements and academia.
- Projects based on elective courses so as to develop expertise in one specific area.
- Communication skills orientation and personality development programmes incorporated in the scheme of examination to make that course compulsory.
- Hands on experience in most of the courses of computer applications so as to impart practical knowledge in the relevant field.
- Research based dissertation in final semester to expose the students to recent developments in their field of interest under the guidance of competent faculty members.
Scope and Placement
The courses offered in the Department are aimed at preparing students for a career in any of the main areas of Computer software where they can put to practice the knowledge acquired during the study. Our students have been placed in companies like TCS, Mphasis (EDS), Hexaware, Infosys, Torry Harris, Persistent, Accenture, Libsys, Amdale, HCL, Unilogic, Applelabs, Zensar, Syntel, and Shriram Value Services Pvt. Ltd., Wipro, Satyam, IBM, Mahindra.
MOUS AND COLLABORATIONS
- For enrich technical process, MOU Infosys Campus Connect & ITM University Gwalior Started date Sep 20, 2011, (every two year review process)Valid till Sep 17,2017.
- ITM University Gwalior working as SRC( Super Resource Center) and FOSS (Free open source software) Training centre of IIT Bombay Spoken Tutorial. Enrolled students 2000 approx all branches in three courses in one semester.
- A memorandum of understanding on Academic Cooperating between ITM University, Gwalior, India and the Georgia Southwestern State University, USA (GSW)
- Infosys, Bangalore
- One Planet Research-Kota-324005, Rajasthan (Third party of Oracle) and ITM University, Gwalior, India for cooperation in the field of career education.
- DreamUny Education Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi and ITM University, Gwalior, India for conducting 240 hours soft skills/behavioral development program.
- Safeducate Learning Pvt. Ltd. and ITM University, Gwalior, India for delivery of ITM University-Safeexpress MBA in supply chain and Logistics.
- SAP India Pvt. Ltd.
- Information and library network centre ( An Autonomous Inter-University Centre of UGC)
R & D Laboratory
- Tools-NS2/Weka/CloudSim/OpenCV/Cloud Analyst/ Omnet++ / MATLAB
LIST OF LABORATORIES
- C/C++ Programming Lab
- Java Programming Lab
- DBMS Lab
- Computer Network Lab
- Professional Communication Lab
- .Net Lab
- Major Project Lab
- UNIX/LINUX Lab
- Computer Graphics Lab
- Data Structure lab
ACADEMIC FACILITIES AND USPS
ITM University offers the education needed for leadership in a rapidly changing world. Department of CA at ITM offer a breadth of highly regarded degree programs that allow students the freedom to explore their intellectual and personal passions.
- Moodle- Learning Management System Software
ITM University uses Moodle- Learning Management System Software which is based on Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment platform. It is a web-based application that seamlessly integrates online course material with online communication tools.
The benefit of using Moodle software is that it provides educators with excellent tools to manage and promote learning in a hassle free and efficient way. Moodle has inbuilt features that allow it to cater to the requirements of large number of students simultaneously. Moodle makes it easy for instructors to set up course website and post material to it.
- Computer Centre
ITM University recognizes the key role that IT plays in teaching as well as research. Therefore, a high-speed optical fiber network of 20 Mbps with wireless redundancy allows all students to access a range of services across our entire campus.
A dedicated computer centre in the department with 80-100 high end computers provides easily accessible and excellent computational facilities to the faculty and students catering to their academic, research and recreational requirements.
- Management information system
Management information system, or MIS, broadly refers to a computer-based system that provides managers with the tools to organize evaluate and efficiently manage departments within an organization.
Department of CA at ITM University offering web based MIS software to provide accurate, timely and relevant information to the student and faculty members and to have the information in standardized report form.
- Project Based Learning
Department of CA offers systematic teaching through project based which engages students in learning essential knowledge and skills through an extended, student influenced inquiry process structured around complex, authentic questions and carefully designed tasks and products.
TRAINING ON SOFT SKILLS
|Name of Company
|Communication & Writing Skills
|BootCamp (Aptitude + Reasoning)
TRAINING ON TECHNICAL SKILLS
|Name of Company