The Electrical Engineering department is established in the year 2011 for imparting state-of-the-art knowledge in Electrical Engineering and allied areas. Electrical engineering is a type of engineering that looks into, builds, and uses machines, gadgets, and systems that use electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. In the second half of the 19th century, it became a separate job after the electric telegraph, the telephone, and the making, distributing, and using of electricity became available to the public.
The courses of each program are designed in consultation and collaboration of experts from industries and academia.
- B.Tech. EE
- B.Tech. EE Specializations in IOT & Sensors
- B.Tech Solar and Alternative Energy
- B.Tech. EE Specializations Electric Vehicle Technology
Certificate Courses run by the department
- Electric Vehicles Technology
- Solar Technology
For B. Tech. (EE) & (Solar & Alternative Energy)
10+2 in Maths stream with minimum 50%marks
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty and staff.
- Faculty with specializations in Deregulated Power system, Power system operation & Control, Renewable Energy, Control System, Electrical Machines, Electrical Drives etc.
- Curriculum is designed in collaboration with industries which offers optimum placement.
- Activity based continuous assessment (ABCA) model is adopted through which students are involved in various technical activities such as Project based leaning (PBL), poster presentations, seminar, case study, open book test, quiz, research paper and article writing.
- The department is also providing innumerable opportunities to students to equip themselves with practical skills by working on real time based mini projects, develop communication skills, explore internship opportunities in industry and participate in various National and International design contests.
- The Department also offers program elective courses that are designed to bridge the gap between industry requirements and academia. Students are required to select elective courses according to their choice and inclination. It helps students to gain a deeper knowledge and skills in the selected areas.
- For hands on experience and innovation, extra curriculum activities such as Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, & Expert Lectures are conducted frequently.
- Emphasis on Research and Innovation. Involvement of students in R & D centres of department.
- Publications in International, National Journals and Conferences of repute.
- Well-equipped Laboratories.
- The Department also offers specialization course of IoT & Sensors, Electric Vehicle Technology which fulfils the need of information technologies and automobile industries in the fields like smart industries, smart healthcare, digital transformation, smart city etc.
Industry Practice –A mandatory component that enables students to work in the industry on real projects under direct guidance of industry professional. This Industry-linked academic program enables students to graduate with the skills, knowledge and hands-on experience sought by employers worldwide. It not only helps in identifying right career opportunities but also equips them with the ability to give right direction to their careers.
- Well furnished & spacious classrooms with multimedia LCD projectors, and smart class rooms.
- Well equipped library with 2564 titles and 22000 volumes.
- The department has well equipped laboratories to efficiently run all the courses. The department has following Laboratories:
- Basic Electrical Lab
- Electrical Workshop
- Electrical Measurement & Instrumentation Lab
- Control System Lab
- Power system lab
- Electrical Machine Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Electrical Drives Lab
- Project Lab
- Restructured Power system
- Power system Operation & Control
- Energy Management
- Renewable Energy systems
- Electrical Price Management
|S.No.||Name of Company|
Following is the perspective plan of the department
- Enhancing the quality of Teaching – Learning Process
- Promotion of research among staff and student
- Improving Industry – Institute – Interaction
- Engaging extension activities
- Quality Assurance Measures
The details are as follows:
- A. Enhancing the quality of Teaching – Learning Process – To provide more student-centric teaching – learning methodology Up-gradation of skills of staff through STTP, FDP, QIP, web learning through NPTEL, etc Creating infrastructure to use modern teaching aid Industry interface through summer internship Undertaking field project with participation from the industry.
- Promotion of Research among staff and students – Providing platform to the faculty and students for R & D activities Encouraging faculty members to undertake research work and research publication in a reputed journal, conferences, etc Encouraging & motivating students to attend conferences, workshops, undertake the project of research orientation, publish their research/review papers, etc Inviting experts and eminent person on research committee for evaluating progress of research activities is in various departments. Taking efforts to undertake sponsored research project.
- Improving Industry-Institution Interaction- Providing platform to the students to undertake internship in related industries Providing skill based training to the student. Signing MoU with organization/corporate/industry to exchange the knowledge and expertise in related program of engineering Make an effort to educate the students for entrepreneurship
- Engaging extension activities– Inculcating a value system in students Developing leadership qualities in students through various activities Contributing to social change and promoting green initiatives Enhancing operational efficiency in academic and administration for better results.
- Quality Assurance Measures – Electrical Engineering Department was accredited in Participating in NIRF and NAAC in last few years.
- Electrical engineers can pursue a Master of Science in foreign universities by qualifying for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- For pursuing a Master of Technology, electrical engineering graduates have the option of considering 80 or 81 specializations such as power electronics and drives, power systems, electrical machines, control and instrumentation, applied electronics, embedded systems, VLSI design, nanotechnology, nano-medical sciences, remote sensing and geo-informatics systems, clinical engineering, and so on.
- Electrical engineers can also get a professional engineering (PE) license through the state’s licensure board, which gives them the authority to sign and seal engineering plans and offer their services to the public.
- Major Recruiters: Power Grid Corporation, National Thermal Power Corporation, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), National Hydel Power Corporation, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, ABB – Asea Brown Boveri, Reliance Energy, Jindal Steels, J.K. Tyres, Tata Motors, Bajaj Electrical, Crompton Greaves, Kirloskar, Cummins, Schneider Electric, General Electric, and JP Power Ventures
|S.No.||Name of student||Company in which student placed|
|1||Ajay Kumar||L & T Construction|
|2||Anoop kumar Tyagi||Honeywell Automation|
|3||Anupam Vishwakarma||Gamers Paradise|
|6||Mohd. Shadab Abid||Rhythm automation control pvt ltd|
|9||Rupika Singh Tomar||L & T Construction|
|10||Shivam Sharma||Ansaldo STS A Hitachi group of company|
|11||Vijay Kumar||Classic infotech system|
|12||Ram Bharos Meena||BSNL|
|13||Nitin kumar||Luxury closet|
|14||Rajesh debnath||Enfragy solutions india Pvt. Ltd.|
|15||Aditya Singh||Fort work Pvt ltd|
|17||Raunak Kumar||Visa steel|
|18||Saurabh Raj||Echjay industries Pvt Ltd|
|19||Nikhil Kumar singh||BYJU’S|