Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2018
|Entrance Test/Interview||17th Feb 2018|
|Part 1 (General Analytical Skills / Mental ability including reasoning|
& Research Methodology
|Part 2 (Component A: Objective type (Objective)|
40 questions for duration of 30 minutes
Component B: Descriptive type of
Questions of one hour duration)
|Lunch Break||01:00-01:30 PM|
|Declaration of Result||28th Feb 2018|
A.Structure of Examination:
- Paper –I Common to all 60 questions for duration of 45 minutes
- General Analytical Skills /mental ability including reasoning
- Communication Skills (up to 12th Standard) Objective type
- Research Methodology
Question will be asked to test research aptitude of the candidate
FOUNDATION OF RELEVANT SUBJECT
Component A: Objective type; 40 questions for duration of 30 minutes
Component B: Descriptive type of questions of one hour duration
Interview:At the time of interview the candidates are expected to discuss their research interest/ area, choice of supervisors/co-supervisor and proposed title of thesis.
B: Syllabus of Entrance Test:
A. Written Test
- School of Engg. & Tech.: Under graduate course in respective discipline/Syllabus GATE.
- School of Physical Sciences: Post graduate course work in respective discipline/Syllabus NET.
- School of Life Sciences : Post graduate course work in respective discipline/Syllabus NET.
- School of Management : Post graduate course work in respective discipline/Syllabus NET.
- School of Computer Application: Post graduate course work in respective discipline or equivalent/Syllabus GATE.
- School of Agriculture Post graduate course work in respective discipline or equivalent.
B. Interview Presentation:
The candidate is expected to make presentation on the research work he /she propose to pursue. The experts may ask any question on his presentation and the syllabus, prescribed for entrance test.
Eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D. Program
Candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must, at the time of application, hold Master’s degree with at least stipulated percentages as below or an equivalent grade of the University, a deemed University or any other University incorporated by any law for the time being in force and recognized by the University:
Engineering – First Class at UG and/or PG level
Science – 55 Per cent at PG level
Management – 60 Per cent at PG level
Computer Applications – 60 Per cent at PG level
Humanities – 55 Per cent at PG level
Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme.
Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme