School of Arts & Design
The aim of our design courses is more than professional mastery. Our students explore the creative aspects of design with a balance of technological and theoretical approaches, using the latest equipments and technology. All our faculty are practicing professionals and highly competent in their field who either have their own labels, work in their own businesses or with leading designers as well as being experienced faculty. You will be taught by faculty who are at the top of their profession enabling you to gain inside information and contacts within the design industry. Fees are kept to an affordable level and courses are planned in bite sized steps to assist you to progress from stage to stage so that you can go at your own pace and progress from beginners levels on wards according to your budget.
As far as opportunities are concerned, the graduates have many options to select their field according to their area of interest and capability. After completing their course, they can get placement in some reputed apparel manufacturing industries as a Merchandiser,Fashion Journalist, Fashion Designer, Fashion Co-ordinator, Sampling Co-ordinator, Design Co-ordinator, Head Designer in Export House, Fashion Consultant, Illustrator, Faculty in Fashion design Institute,Entrepreneur of Garment Business, Fashion Choreographer, Fashion Stylist, Freelance Designer, and Project Designer in Govt. Organization.
Interior Designer, Furniture Designer, Exhibition Designer, Project Consultant, Landscape Designer, Display Artist,Design Consultant, Faculty in Interior Design Institutes, Commercial Complex Designer, Set Designer, Home Furnishing Designer, Tourist Resort Designer and other various opportunities are there as per professional skills of the students.
- Students engaged in professional undergraduate degrees in art/design should have opportunities to:
- Gain a basic understanding of the nature of professional work in their major field. Examples are: organizational structures and working patterns; artistic, intellectual, economic, technological,and political contexts; and development potential.
- Acquire the skills necessary to assist in the development and advancement of their careers, normally including the development of competencies in communication, presentation, and business skills necessary to engage in professional practice in their major field.
- Develop teaching skills, particularly as related to their major area of study.
- Explore areas of individual interest related to art/design in general or to the major. Among the many possible examples are: aesthetics,theory, specialized topics in art/design history, analysis, and technology.
- Explore multidisciplinary issues that include art and design.
- Practice synthesis of a broad range of art/design knowledge and skills, particularly through learning activities that involve a minimum of faculty guidance, where the emphasis is on evaluation a completion.