School of Engineering and Technology
- About School of Engineering & Technology
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical, Automobile and Petroleum Engineering
Institute of Technology and Management was the first institute established by Samata Lok Sansthan in the year 1997 with an intake of 180 students. To meet the ever increasing demand of students, two more institutions “Institute of Information Technology and Management” and “Integral Institute of Information Technology and Management” were added in the year 2002 and 2010 respectively, raising the total intake to 1349. The first institute is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (AICTE). The Institute has been ranked ‘A’ Grade by the state Government, based on its performance over the years.
After the establishment of ITM University, the School of Engineering and Technology has been established. The basic intent of the school is to impart quality education at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral research levels.
Teaching Pedagogy and Academics
- Objective and Outcome based Methodologies.
- Emphasis simultaneously on Basic Concepts and Experimental Interpretations
- Activities for Engineering System Design
- Inter Disciplinary Activities
- Effective Communication through Practices
- Innovation Stimulations
- Quality Assured Education
- Skill Development in Engineering Software Tools
- Industry Interaction
- Soft and Interpersonal Skill Development
Teaching Learning Process
A host of Teaching and Learning Techniques are used to impart knowledge and skills to the students in the school. A mix of lectures, tutorials, laboratory work, seminars and projects are used to groom conceptual and analytical abilities of students. At U.G. level students are involved with innovative project work in the area of their interest. At P.G. level students have to work on a dissertation chosen in consultation with industries in their academic field.
Flexible and Modular Curriculum
All the programmes have been designed by experienced educators and academicians, making them totally student- centric. A student can optimize his/her achievement utilizing the flexibility and modularity built into the programmes. Integrated courses (UG+PG) are well suited to the students who have pre-fixed career goals. These programmes optimize on teaching-learning processes while maintaining focuses on target goals.
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Global Excellence and Local Relevance in research, teaching, and technology development is the vision of the Department. The Department was started as the Computer Centre in 2011. The Department has state-of-the-art infrastructure and computing equipment supported by high speed Ethernet and wireless networks.
The courses offered in the Department are aimed at preparing students for a career in any of the main areas of Computer Science & Engineering/Information Communication Technology where they can put to practice the knowledge acquired during the study. Through rigorous theory and laboratory practices, the students are equipped to seek position in an organization engaged with computational and software development applications.
Well equipped laboratories with specialized labs of Database, Programming lab, Project lab, Network lab, Computer Graphics & Multimedia and Linux lab. Licensed softwares like Microsoft Campus Agreement which includes Windows XP, MS Office, MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, MSDN. The Department is having other softwares like Oracle 9i, 10g, Linux 7.2, Windows NT, Windows 2003 Server Enterprise edition, Win proxy, Turbo C++, Java etc. The Department is having two dedicated leased lines of 20 Mbps for high speed internet connectivity throughout the labs & 15 broadband connections are used as a backup and fault tolerant internet connectivity.
- Computer Architecture, Formal Modelling & Verification.
- Computer Networks, Security.
- Machine Learning, Information Retrieval.
- Operating Systems, Databases, Distributed Systems.
- Speech, Image and Video Processing.
- Cloud Computing.
- Soft Computing.
- Wireless Sensor Network.
- Trust Management in VANET.
The MUO creates an accord between the industry and ITM University Gwalior which is benificial for students to enhance their technical skills and groom them as per the industry requirement. The department has signed following MOUs:
- Infosys: Essentials of Information Technology android Application Development and cloud computing are reccomended for students along with faculty training.
- EMC2 Delhi: Information Storage & Management is reccomended for students along with faculty training. 72
- Oracle, Nucleus & IBM: Database Management is reccomended for students.
- CISCO: Networking knowledge reccomended for students
Career Options & Placement opportunities
IT sector is quite broad in terms of employment and job options. Roles are varieties for Computer engineers in IT sector, but their primary role is to apply the knowledge of mathematics and science to design and develop software to be used by clients or users. Computer engineers can work as network engineers, system management professionals in public, private as well as in academic institution. Computer software engineers have bright career prospects as the application of software and dependency on it in various walks of life are increasing.
Major Recruiters: TCS, Mphasis(EDS), Hexaware, Infosys, Torry Harris, Persistent, Accenture, Libsys, Amdale, HCL, Unilogic, Applabs, Zensar, Syntel, and Shriram Value Services Pvt. Ltd., Wipro, Satyam, IBM, Mahindra.
In present era the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering plays an important role in almost every sphere of our life. It has penetrated in every field of our existence whether these are television, washing machines, mobile phones or automated vehicles. It mainly deals with the communication technologies along with the basic electronic components, design of circuits and systems.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in year 2011 with the intent of raising highly qualified Engineers and Researchers who can make substantial contribution in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Highly qualified and experienced staff.
- Faculty with specializations in VLSI Design, Microwave Engg., Wireless Communication, Communication Systems, Applied Electronics, Digital Communication, Measurement and Control.
- Syllabus designed in collaboration with the industries to enhance placements.
- For hands on experience and innovation, every subject is supplemented with a project.
- Emphasis on Research and Innovation.
- Involvement of students in R & D centres of department.
- A wide array of electives which gives freedom to study the subjects of their interest.
- Continuous organization of Seminars, Conferences and Workshops.
- Publications in International, National Journals and Conferences of repute.
- Well equipped Laboratories.
- Well furnished and spacious classrooms.
- Well equipped library with 2564 titles and 22000 volumes.
The department has well equipped laboratories to efficiently run all the courses. The department has following Laboratories:
Basic Electronics Lab, Electronics Workshop, Electronic Devices and Circuits Lab, Digital Electronics Lab, Networks Analysis & Synthesis Lab, Instrumentation & Measurement Lab, Analog & Digital Communication Lab, Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab, Control Systems Lab, PCB & Project Lab, Software Lab, Microwave Engineering & Antenna Lab, Television Engineering Lab and Optical Communication Lab.
Research Areas Abundance of research areas are available in field of Electronics and Communication Engineering:
VLSI Design, Microwave Engineering, Wireless Networks & Communication, Digital Communication, Embedded Systems, Microelectronics and Nanotechnology.
The MOU creates an accord between the industry and the university which is beneficial for students to enhance their technical skills and groom them as per the requirement of the industry. The department has signed following MOUs:
- Rockwell Automation: One of the largest companies in the field of automation of the country has signed MOU to provide on campus training an placement assistance.
- Hewlett Packard: World’s third largest IT giant has signed a MOU to train students as per the requirement of IT Industry.
- CISCO: CISCO has signed MOU to train students as per the requirement of Networking Industries.
- Excel Technologies: A premier industry for manufacturing laboratory equipments has signed MOU for internship of studentsand their summer training.
- Scientech Technologies: A premier industry for manufacturing laboratory equipments has signed MOU for internship of students and their summer training.
Career Options & Placement opportunities
Electronics and Communication Engineering offers scope in the field of Wireless Communication, VLSI Technology 74 and Design, Digital Signal Processing, Television Broadcasting, Embedded Systems, Microwave Engineering, Nanotechnology, Satellite Communication, Space Research. Beside these, students also get a chance to be placed in software companies because of the versatility of Electronics & Communication Engineering students.
Major Recruiters : Samsung,LG, DRDO, ISRO, ST Microelectronics, Bharat Electronics Limited, BSNL, Idea, Airtel, Vodafone, Videocon, Nokia
Civil engineering is the practical application of principles of science to provide better quality of life to human beings. It was divided into two areas (i) civil applications and (ii) military applications. All other engineering branches sprang from this basic civil engineering. Civil engineering has the capability of kick starting the economic development of nation. Hence starting from Ist Five year plan, right up to current one, the outlay of expenditure, both in public and private sector has been more than 50% of the total.
The demand for better infrastructure is exponentially increasing every year with every sector of economy demand more office, residential, commercial, industrial, and hospital buildings, water supply and sanitary engineering facilities, Transport i.e. roads, railways, airports, tunnels, bridges. & ship ports, etc., communication & entertainment, petrochemical and refining etc. Hence demand to construct these facilities and maintain them in working conditions, is never going to decrease. The demand for better quality of civil engineers will continuously increase.
Our students have great opportunities of employment in infrastructure projects, Real estate development, maintenance and management of construction projects in almost all the sectors of economy. The best opportunity for a fresh engineering graduate is self-employment and to start their own construction and consultancy firms. The number of Civil engineers is the index of economic development of any country. The Civil Engineering Department of the University is concentrating on increasing the employability of students apart from transfer of knowledge and professional skills. Department is offering training option to students in
- AMCAT etc.
Civil Engineering Department is having excellent and experienced faculty with a mixture of old and young teachers. Department is having laboratories which are almost fully equipped and continuously developing according to the changing requirements as per the demands of Industry. These include civil engineering workshop, Surveying, Strength of materials, Geology, Geotechnical, Concrete, Highway materials, and Model labs etc. Apart from these department has departmental computer lab for training in AUTOCAD, STAAD, PRIMAVERA and other useful Civil engineering soft wares.
Our students actively participate in intra mural activities, national & international activities. The Special mention is to be made of Navneet a student of B.Tech. II yr. Civil engineering, who got selected for an international conference in Germany, namely SHC 2013, conducted by solar committees of USA & BELGIUM. He competed 297 students from 49 countries to get his selection for final presentation. However this project will also be sent to Intel science foundation for further details as a display in science fair. ITM family congratulate the Master NAVNEET on his grand success. The students are encouraged to establish a Society of Civil Engineering in the University. In the meetings of this society, students interact with invited field experts and pioneers of Construction Industry as to what are their requirements and expectations from fresh graduate. This greatly helps to increase the employability skills of students.
Career Options & Placement opportunities
L&T, Hindustan Construction Company, Simplex Infrastructure Ltd., Punj Lloyd, Continental construction, G.M.R. Group, Lanco Infratech, Atlanta Ltd., Man Infroconstruction Ltd., IVRCL Ltd., Il&FS Engineering & Construction Company Ltd., Shopurji Palanji Construction Corporation, Local Big Contractors, Builders and Developers, National Project & Structural Consultancy Firms, Consultants and Real Estate Developers and Maintenance Engineers.
Apart from these private sector companies, the major employer of civil engineers are the Government and Public sector undertakings like: state and central P.W.D’s, Irrigation Deptt., P.H.E Deptt., Municipal Corporations, 78 City Development Authorities, Housing Corporations and Boards, Town & Country Planning Boards, Steel Plants, Industrial Corporations, National Building Construction Corporations, Electricity Boards, Power Plants etc.
Electrical engineering is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. Electrical engineering is considered to deal with the problems associated with large- scale electrical systems such as power transmission and motor control. Electrical Engineering has been a core branch of engineering with immense potential in government and private sectors.
The department of Electrical Engineering was established in the year 2011 The department takes pride in its well experienced and qualified faculty having Ph.D. & M.E/ M.Tech degree and competent in their respective areas. Department is also aided by eminent visiting professors, who are expertise in the electrical field to impart quality education to our students. The department of EE strives to impart application and practice based technical knowledge to students.
The faculty is actively engaged in research and has published numerous papers in National and International journals. Teaching learning pattern is regularly updated and students are guided to become good, hard working and responsible human beings.
- Learning management system is a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting and delivery of e-learning education courses or training programmes. We use LMS to deliver online courses and study material which is commonly not available to the students in most of the institutes. It will help to handle all the aspects of the learning process.
- MIS is a software for fee management, course management, attendance, tests, exam results, library management, department management, staff information, student information and information about the management are its different modules.
- Classes by AMCAT is an initiative by Aspiring minds whereby students of all branches are trained on aptitude, quantitative ability, logical ability and on personality development so as to increase the employability of students.
- Training offered.
- Technical/Soft Skills.
- University has collaborated with AMCAT, an Initiative by Aspiring Minds which strives to help institutions and companies from choosing the right individual. Students are trained by professionals of AMCAT, who are alumni of premier institutions such as IITs, IIMs and NITs.
The electrical department is equipped with many labs and experiments covering the entire syllabus namely basic:Electric engineering lab, electric machines lab, electrical measurement lab, network analysis lab, simulation lab, microprocessor lab, power electronics lab, control systems lab, power system lab and electric drives lab
- Industrial Systems & Drives
- Electric Machines, Power Systems
- Power Electronics
- Congestion Management
Career Options & Placement opportunities
- Electrical Engineers can pursue Master of Science in foreign universities by qualifying Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- For pursuing Master of Technology, Electrical engineering graduates have an option to consider 80 81 specializations such as power electronics and drives, power systems, electrical machines, control and instrumentation, applied electronics, embedded systems, VLSI Design, Nanotechnology, Nano-medical sciences, remote sensing and geo-informatics systems, clinical engineering and so on.
- Electrical Engineers can also get a professional engineering (PE) license through the state’s licensure board which gives them the authority to sign and seal engineering plans and offer their services to the public.
Major Recruiters : Power Grid Corporation, National Thermal Power Corporation, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited(BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited(GAIL ), National Hydel Power Corporation, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, ABB – Asea Brown Boveri, Reliance Energy, Jindal Steels, J K Tyres, Tata Motors, Bajaj Electricals, Crompton Greaves, Kirloskar, Cummins, Schneider Electric, General Electric and JP Power Ventures.
Mechanical Engineering is one of the core branches of engineering. It practically interfaces with all other branches of engineering and technology. All engineering products need knowledge of mechanical engineering for planning, designing, manufacturing, transportation, servicing and maintenance. The branch therefore has continuous demand weather the product is an electrical or electronic gadget, consumer item, and computation or communication devices. The mechanical engineering has a major role in automobile, aviation, production, power generation, mining and refineries.
The course curriculum of undergraduate programme of mechanical engineering includes fundamentals of thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, energy conversion systems, refrigeration and air conditioning, fluid mechanics, fluid and turbo machinery, kinematics and dynamics of machines, machine design, modeling and simulation, material science, CAD/CAM, tool design, manufacturing methods, production process, production planning and control, CNC machines, automobile, industrial engineering and management, tribology, and aspects of machinery noise, vibration and maintenance.
Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the biggest departments of the university with student strength of about 700 which may grow to nearly 900 next year. The Department has 03 Professors, 19 Assistant Professors and 06 Technical Assistant to cater to the increased student strength. Department works on all round development, professional and personal well being of its students.
The department right from the inception has been offering undergraduate and advanced studies under all the broad field of Thermo-Fluids, Materials and Design, Manufacturing Sciences and Robotics. The current area include computer aided design techniques, computer aided manufacturing, flexible and robotic manufacturing systems, intelligent machines and systems, computer graphics, precision engineering, automation, advanced machining methods and materials. The latest CNC lathe machine has also been installed in the departmental workshop.
The department of mechanical engineering has well equipped Workshop and labs of thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, energy conversion systems, refrigeration and air conditioning, fluid mechanics, fluid and turbo machinery, kinematics and dynamics of machines, machine design, graphics, CAD/CAM, internal combustion engines, automobile, metrology and measurement, and vibration engineering. Additionally the department has a functional CNC machine shop used extensively for student’s training and projects.
ITM University Gwalior carries out original research of significance in the cutting edge area under mechanical engineering. Beside research it also imparts training for students to make them competent and motivated professionals. The institute not only celebrates freedom of thoughts, cultivates vision, encourages growth but also inculcates human values and concern for the environment and the society.
The current research areas are in the fields of Thermal, Production, Design and Vibration Engineering. The quality research papers have been published by the faculty members in leading international journals and several papers have also been awarded as best technical papers of the year.
- In the ECO KART competition of 2015 our cart was appreciated as “Best SUV of the Event” due to its design and aesthetic appearance. The team also won the “Best captain” award.
- Secured First Rank in Gwalior Region in Virtual round of “Go Kart” Championship.
- Team “YOGA” from “ITM UNIVERSITY, GWALIOR” has successfully completed the Virtual Round of Eco KART 2014, Securing 12th Rank All India. The Team is now eligible for further performing in the Dynamics Round of ECO KART 2014.
- Participated in national seminar on “Emerging Market Opportunities for Off-Highway industry in India” which was in industrial collaboration of Volvo, JCB, John Deere, M&M, Cummins, TAFE, Caterpillar, Eaton, L&T PTC, KPIT, L&T, Infosys, Mahindra, etc.
Career Options & Placement opportunities
The career options are unlimited for mechanical engineers as fields of design and development, production, maintenance, production planning and control, sales, valuation are wide open in all private industries, PSUs and government enterprises. The data reveals that growth and success probability in career is more for mechanical engineers. The mechanical engineering graduates have ample placement opportunities.
- Almost every industry needs more mechanical engineers than engineers in their specific branch.
- The branch that gives you the widest security of job.There are more than 80000 types of jobs available for mechanical engineers.
The leading sectors requiring mechanical engineers are automotive, energy, oil and gas, commercial and consumer products, construction equipments, defence, armed forces, business circle, aerospace, power generation, nuclear, alternative fuels, utility companies, chemical and environmental industries, pharmaceuticals and health care, bio medical, sports equipment manufacturing etc.
Major Recruiters:General Motors,HONDA, TOYOTA, ONGC, Indian Oil, Reliance, Shell, Esso, Godrej, Unilever, DLF, L & T, ABB,BOSCH, SIEMENS etc.
Our Biotechnology programme is a fusion of biology and technology emphasizing the synergy between the living microscopic world and the industrial technology. Biotechnology mainly deals with the concerned of diseases of the living organisms, to increase the life span of the organism, productivity of the crops, to increase the immune strength, to segregate the disease producing micro-organisms from the body and to find its reproductive nature and behavior, mode of nutrition etc. for the benefit and welfare of the human society.
Biotechnologist may add, subtracts, multiplies or divides the four poly-biomolecules which are essential for living organism. These molecules are Proteins, Carboydrates, Nucleic acids and Lipids. With the development of Recombinant DNA technology, hybridoma and stem cell development, biotechnologist are able to produce new high yield and diseases resistant hybrids crops, identification and treatment of diseases by manufacturing synthetic drugs etc.
The academic programme in Biotechnology Engineering has been designed to focus on generation of knowledge and expertise in the emerging areas of science and technology by developing state-of-the-art physical infrastructure to produce quality manpower needed in areas for social and industrial benefit.
The B. Tech Biotechnology programme at ITM University is driven by the development of theoretical knowledge base as well as the business needs of the biotechnology sector. It involves a flexible model where the course content would continuously evolve with the rapid changes occurring in Biotechnology Industry without compromising on the basic tools in the area. The courses would provide competence in biotechnology by providing training in the areas of microbiology, biochemistry, analytical techniques, molecular biology and bioinformatics. Lectures, seminars and hands-on projects, both in-house and during industry or academic internships, which is part of the learning process. The major thrust is the integration of the theoretical knowledge with the hands-on practical experiences.
The School has well equipped labs of Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, plant Tissue Culture and computer labs with number of computers with internet facilities. In addition to the department has central Instrumentation lab having very costly and sophisticated instrument Some specialized labs are under preparation as enzyme technology lab, RDT lab etc. The department arranges the Industrial training, Industrial visits and Instrumentation training, workshops with industrial applications.
Central Instrumentation Lab (CIL), Research Lab, Food Technology lab, Microbiology Lab,Biotechnology Lab, Bioinformatics lab, Botany/Zoology lab
UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, Cooling Ultra Centrifuge, High speed Research centrifuge, Orbital Shaker, -20oC Deep freezer, BOD Incubator etc.
- Animal Biotechnology
- Computational Biotechnology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Human Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Medical Microbiology & Biotechnology
- Plant Biotechnology etc.
Career Options & Placement opportunities
Career opportunities for students in biotechnology are plenty. Those specializing in different sub-disciplines of this field can easily find jobs in both private and government sector undertakings. If you have acquired a B.Tech degree in biotechnology then you can easily find a suitable position in a number of industries. Biotechnology assimilates in itself a number of disciplines. Major recruiters include industries engaged in processing and developing agricultural and biological products, bio-processing industries, pharmaceutical and chemical industries. There are ample opportunities in industries, producing healthcare products, textile industry, cosmetics and organisations engaged in different types of industrial research and development. Further, there is a great demand for biotechnical experts in countless industries and sectors.
Major Recruiters: Biocon India Pvt. Ltd., Serum Institute of India,3. Panacea Biotec., Piramal Healthcare, Wockhardt Limited, GlaxoSmithKline, Bharat Serum, Krebs Biochemicals and Industries Limited, Zydus Cadila, Indian Immunologicals, Monsanto Biotech, Rasi Seeds, Novo Nordisk, Indian Immunologicals, Trans Asia Biomedics