MBA-Supply Chain & Logistics Management
Safexpress has established itself as the knowledge and market leader in the Supply Chain and logistics industry. Safexpress offers a wide gamut of Supply Chain Management services including Express Distribution, 3PL and consulting to its corporate customers. Safexpress provides services to a vast array of business verticals ranging from Apparel & Lifestyle, Healthcare, Hi-Tech, Publishing, Automotive, Engineering & Electrical Hardware, FMCG & Consumer Electronics, and Institutional. It has played a key role in the economic development of India by keeping its focus on Indian operations in the entire last decade. With an enviable fleet of over 4000 GPS enabled vehicles Safexpress caters to more than 6000 corporate clients spanning across 8 business segments linking over 580 destinations in India.
MoU with Safexpress:
The MBA in Supply Chain and Logistics by ITM University Gwalior is offered in collaboration with Safexpress to cater specifically to the needs of Supply Chain Industry. It is a two year full time credit based program approved by AICTE with six trimesters of classroom learning along with three internships at different industries. This uniquely crafted MBA offered by ITM University Gwalior jointly in association with Safexpress boasts to be one of the finest programmes in India catering to the Logistics Industry.
Why this Program?
In the present scenario there is an acute shortage of trained manpower in the Supply Chain Industry. Keeping pace with the changing trends in the industry and varied requirements of corporate, focus on imparting practical training required for any job alongside domain knowledge has become the need of the hour. Job assistance to students after completion of the program has already become a practice in many institutes. To address the skill gap, both academic institutes and industries need to gear up their resources and relook at the expectations of the industry
- Use of metrics to guide Supply Chain Management (SCM) including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Balanced Scorecard and SCOR® metrics
- Integrating innovative ideas with new research methodologies and putting them to practice
- To gain valuable insights into the role of SCM in reducing total system wide costs and simultaneously enhancing the customer satisfaction
- To understand the nitty-gritty of the day-to-day operations in SCM industry and get hands-on experience in the decision making process
- To help students understand the nuances of goal setting and achievement in a professional environment
Placement opportunities will be with Logistics Solution provider companies or with companies having a robust Logistics and Supply Chain Department based on the needs of the industry from time to time.
A snapshot of career options
Freshers normally join as Management Trainees. Post satisfactory performance they get placed at different departments like:
- Logistics and distribution manager
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Supply Chain Manager
- Supply Chain Consultant
- Materials Planner
- Production Planner
- Sales Order Planner
- Master Scheduler
- Demand Planner
- Production Planner
- Assistant Buyer / Purchasing Assistant Buyer
- Purchasing Consultant / Procurement Consultant
Some prominent Recruiters:
Graduates with at least 50% marks along with a valid CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/MPMET/ITM-NEST score may apply. Final selection of candidates will be based on the score of qualifying exam and performance at GD/PI.