School of Science
School of Life Sciences
The Curriculum in B.Sc. & M.Sc. is structured to provide a common, broad-based foundation, imparting fundamental concepts and principles in Life Science through lectures, tutorials, discussions and presentations. The curriculum has a significant practical component that trains students in experimental skills essential to Life Science. Student’s seminars and assignments are designed to be highly challenging, which paves way for the students to bring out their intellectual and interactive skills in analyzing scientific problems. The students are required to do research as part of their curriculum and submit a project.
Accent-Color B.Sc. Biotechnology, Food Technology, (PCM), Optometry M.Sc. Biotechnology, Microbiology, Food Technology, Petroleum Technology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Applied Mathematics
Unique Selling Proposition (USPs) of the Department of Life Sciences
- Bringing theoretical knowledge of classrooms with practical skills development through workshops, training, project work etc.
- Updated and regularly evaluated course curriculum with emphasis on cutting edges technology and there practical and industrial application.
- Our teaching learning process provide student both weak and sharp equal opportunity to plan, access and improve his academic theoretical and practical skills.
- Highly educated faculty with strong alignment for research and development.
- Most of the faculties are Ph.D. and PDF holders.
- Congenial environment for the holistic development of the student.
- We do not provide jobs but prepare the student for best jobs. In the area of Pharmaceuticals & diagnostics, Food & Beverage industries, Quality control, Research and teaching.
- The syllabus content is of high standard and enable student to compete in important competitive examination. It provides academic excellence in both theoretical and practical aspect.
- Students are trained according to the Industrial approach.
- The undergraduate and post graduate programs are designed so as to provide a continuous augmentation and training for the development of soft skills of the students.
- The Department of Life Sciences has well equipped laboratories for Biotechnology, Microbiology, Food Technology with advanced central instrumentation facility including:
- Central Instrumentation Lab (CIL)
- PG Food Technology lab
- PG Microbiology Lab
- PG Biotechnology Lab
- G. Biotechnology Lab
- Botany/Zoology UG lab
- Track record of highest placements in true sense in the region.
- Alumni of the department – Placed in top notch companies and research institutions.
- DBT Sponsored Millennium Lecture Series – leading researcher and academics delivered lectures and interacted with students: H.G. Raj, Patel Chest Instt. New Delhi, Prof. M.K. Raazdan, Univ. of Delhi, Prof. Ashok Bhatnagar, Univ. of Delhi delivered lectures and interacted with the students.
- Industry-Institute Interaction: 2 – Days workshop organized by HH Biotech, Lucknow.
- Industrial visits are organized regularly to different industries related to fermentation, pharmacy, food, diagnostics etc for real exposure to the students.
- 100% results in University Examination.
- 05 International Conferences on Climate Change and Sustainable Management of Natural Resources organized by the School of Life Sciences in 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2015 where over 1000 delegates from the academia, Research Institutions and Industry participated.
- The Department of Life Sciences has many research projects from different funding agencies such as Madhya Pradesh Council of Science & Technology (MPCST), Bhopal and Department of Science & Technology (DST), New Delhi.
- 20 Ph.D scholars are enrolled in the School of Life Sciences and are undertaking their research work in frontline areas of Biotechnology, Microbiology & Environment Sciences.
- Research work of 03 Ph.D scholars (Mr. Alok Dwivedi. Mr. Ramendra Singh and Ms. Charu Singh ) from the department of Life Sciences were selected and presented in the 31st Young Scientist Congress and Science Festival organized by Madhya Pradesh Council of Science and Technology at Vigyan Bhavan, Bhopal 28th -29th February 2016. Their research papers were awarded Fellowship for training of Young Scientist (Rs. 10000/- per month fellowship, 5000/- T.A & DA and 5000/- contingency for 3-6 months).
- Mr. Mohit Kumar Mandeliya Student of B.Sc Biotech Batch 2013-15 has cleared the CAT and has been admitted to the prestigious IIM Shillong for the MBA programme.
- Mr. Ravi Sham Prasant student of M.Sc Biotechnology Batch 2014-16 has undergone 06 month M.Sc dissertation in the prestigious NCCS, Pune in the Proteomics Lab and he is the only candidate to be selected from the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Mr. Devrat Pawar student of B.Sc Biotechnology Batch 2013-15 has been selected to pursue M.Sc in Conservation of Wild Life in the University of Kent, U.K.
- Mr. Devrat Mahipat Rao Pawar student of B.Sc IVth Semester Biotechnology was awarded the IInd prize in the event Photography in the Central Zonal Youth Festival at Warangal (A.P) 2014.
- Mr. Karan Sharma, Chirag Godhar & Sarvesh Kumar Student of B.Sc Biotech Batch 2011-14 were selected in WIPRO Technologies for 02 years internship M.S programme.
- Placements are provided through campus selection in renowned Biotech, Pharmacy companies and various Research Institute. WIPRO-VISTA, Panacea biotech SRF, Coco- Cola, Parle, Britannia, Reliance Life Sciences, Nestle, Advance Enzymes, XL Health, Zydus Cadila Ahemdabad, Novartis-Ankaleshwar, Medicaps Pharma Indore, Span Diagonistics Surat, Omgene Biosciences Surat, Glenmark-Goa, Brindavan Beverages-Bareilly, SABMiller, J.B. Mangharam-Gwalior, BGB Biofertilizer-Punjab, Amrita Herbals, Premier Biosoft-Indore etc
- Students have been provided assistance in placement both for job as well to undertake research in reputed Institutes like IGIB-New Delhi, NII-New Delhi, IITR-Lucknow, DRDE-New Delhi, Gwalior, IARI-New Delhi, NDRI-Karnal, IGFRI, NRCAF-Jhansi, BARC-Mumbai, CIMAP-Lucknow, CCMB-Hyderabad, CIAE-Bhopal, IIPR Kanpur etc