School of Physical Education & Sports
- Program Offered
- Eligibility & Admission Procedure
- Facilities & Exclusivity
- Career Option & Resources
- Sports Infrastructure & Sports Scholarship
- National Conference on Physical Education & Sport
- Faculty Details & Mandatory Disclosure
The Physical Education & Sports Science is one of the fast emerging academic disciplines in our education stream and large number of institutes offer variety of programs in teacher education specializing in Physical Education and Sports Science and sincerely strives to develop the areas of professional competence and expertise in teaching Physical Education as a major subject. The school of physical education and sports (SOPES) at ITM University is committed to groom its teachers to be well-prepared practitioners in the field of physical education, sport science and sport pedagogy. We provide our trainee teachers with the most contemporary knowledge; inculcate and infuse them with the right attitudes and values. Along with strong professional preparation the mission of the school is also to excel in research and become the leaders in Physical education and sports.
The main purpose of establishing Bachelor of physical education is to uplift the standard of physical education and sports and to produce best leaders to make our society physically fit, mentally strong, socially committed and professionally active. Physical education is unique discipline which is included in school/ college curriculum as it is the only program that provides students opportunities to learn motor skills, develop fitness, and gain understanding of physical activity and their benefits.
WEST ZONE INTER UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL (W) TOURNAMENT 2018-19
AIU Report 2018-19 (PARTICIPATING UNIVERSITIES) (view…)
REPORT ON WEST ZONE INTER UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL (W) TOURNAMENT 2018-19 (PARTICIPATING UNIVERSITIES ELIGIBILITY DETAILS)(View…)
REPORT ON WEST ZONE INTER UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL (W) TOURNAMENT 2018-19 (view…)
B.P.E.S course is three year degree course which includes theory and practical part including some additional subjects as English, ICT etc. The main purpose of establishing B.Sc. (Health and Physical Education) is to upliftment of health education and physical education and producing eminence stuff and best leaders to make sure our society physically fit, mentally strong, socially committed and professionally activate.
B.P.Ed. (2 years)
The B.P.Ed. Program shall be of duration of two academic years or of four semesters. However, the students shall be permitted to complete the program requirements within a maximum of three years from the data admission to the program.
There shall be a basic unit of 100 (one hundred) students with two sections of 50 (fifty) each.
(a) Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks and having at least participation in the inter-Collage/ Inter-Zonal/ District/ School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFl/Govt. of India.
(b) Bachelor’s degree in physical education with 45% marks.
(c) Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks and studied physical education as compulsory/elective subject.
(d) Bachelor’s degree in with 45% marks and having participated in National/ Inter University/ State competitions or secured 1st 2nd or 3rd position in Inter Collage/ Inter-Zonal/ District/ School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFl/Govt. of India.
(e) Bachelor’s degree with participation in international competitions of secured 1st 2nd or 3rd position in National/ Inter-University competition in sports and games as recognized by respective federations/AIU/IOA/SGFl/Govt. of India.
(f) Graduation with 45% marks and at least three years of teaching experience (for deputed in-service candidates i.e. trained physical education teachers/ coaches)
The relaxation in the percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and in the reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/ State Government, whichever is applicable.
Admission shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination) or any other selection process as per the policy of the University/State Government/UT Administration.
Exclusive library setup of a library-cum-reading room, equipped with minimum two thousand titles and reference book related to the prescribed course of study, educational encyclopedias, year-books, electronic publications (CDROMS) and refereed journals on physical education and related subjects.
School of Sports Education have equipments and facilities for indoor sports, outdoor sports and physical activities; sports medicine laboratory; education technology laboratory anatomy physiology and health education laboratory human performance laboratory physiotherapy, athletic care and rehabilitation laboratory , sports psychology laboratory as well as for physical activities including Athletics, Sports and games, mass display drills, etc. as prescribed by the concerned University and as suggested below.
- Sports Scholarship/Free ships/Merit Scholarship.
- International Affairs with various Association and Federations.
- Participation in Central Zone and All India Intervarsity Competitions.
- job opportunity on campus interview.
- Professional Clubs of various minor and major sports and fitness as well.
- Collaboration with various Universities at National and International level.
- SC/ST/OBC admission/scholarship will be as per M.P. government Norms.
- Practical knowledge through internship program in physical education and sports.
The main aim of physical education is to educate the people about the awareness of physically healthy, mentally strong and professionally competent personality. It is a well established, highly respected degree, and leads to a variety of careers. The degree emphasizes teamwork and helps individuals, society, and the nation to develop important interpersonal and communication skills, with an emphasis on critical thinking, effective communication and creative problem solving. Apart from this various job opportunities knocking in sports and physical education professional as;
- Physical Education Teacher in various schools, institutions and university worldwide
- Coaching and officiating in also an integral part of Physical education and sports.
- The B.Sc. (Health and Physical Education) degree is also an educational qualification as other graduate program in India.
- Manufacturing of sports goods and sports playing surfaces is also a wide area of working through physical education and sports.
- Sports Management, Sports Mass Communication, Sports Journalism, Spa, Fitness, Sports rehabilitation, Health care and Sports clubbing are the modern tags to work with physical education and sports professionals.
- International level Sports facilities available in the campus
- Recognition of All India University Association and various sports and physical education association of India and abroad as well
- Best upcoming private university in India, in various programs offered.
- Highly qualified teaching and NIS Qualified coaching faculty corner.
- Modern teaching methodology and advance coaching skills in Physical education and sports.
- Advancement in Sports infrastructure and use modern technology in physical education and sports.
Sports Infrastructure @ ITM University, Gwalior
S. No. Sports No. of Ground Playing Area Per Sport Total Area
1 Cricket 1 65 meters 135 meter
2 Football 1 100x60 meter 132x65 meter
3 Athletics 1 100x58 meter 132x65 meter
4 Basketball 2 15x28 meter 50x60 meter
5 Tennis 2 60x120 feet 55x60 meter
6 Volleyball 2 9x18 meters 43x35 meter
7 Handball 1 20x40 meter 25x45 meter
8 Kho-Kho 1 16x29 meter 20x40 meter
9 Kabaddi 2 13.10x10 meter 40x20 meter
10 Hockey (7-A Side) 1 55x29.7 meter 65x35 meter
ITM University, Gwalior also offer Sports Scholarship for outstanding Sportsmen at entry level and the scholarship scheme mentioned below
S. No. Level of Sports Scholarship
1 Medalists, Participation, Camp at International Level 100%
2 National Medalists 50%
3 National Participation 25%
4 State Medalists 10%
Three years back participation certificates will be consider for above Sports Scholarship and credited student will be have to commit to play for the University for at least one year.